You will need an electric ice cream maker, such as the Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine. The day before making this recipe, place the bowl of the ice cream maker in the freezer to completely freeze.
First, make the cashew cream.
- In a bowl, pour the boiling water over the cashews and let sit for 1 hour or more.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender.
- Add the cold water and blend until completely smooth.
Next, make the ice cream mixture.
- Place the cashew cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and set this bowl to the side.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the sugar and water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the cacao butter, coconut oil, Kaffree Roma, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt, and whisk until thoroughly melted.
- In the blender, combine the coffee and the cashew/coconut milk and blend on medium-low for 1 minute. Place this mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Next, add the ice cream mixture to the bowl of the ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer instructions and turn the machine on for the recommended time, usually ~30 minutes.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe storage container and freeze for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Scoop into individual serving dishes, top with a sprinkle of Kaffree Roma granules, and enjoy!